Global Logistics Provider
General Affairs Manager
|CONTACT NAME||Recruiting Dept.|
The Company operates as a logistics and distribution company. It distributes motor vehicle supplies, accessories, tools, and related equipment.
Responsible for management of health, safety, & environmental (HSE) programs, security, facility maintenance, procurement, asset management, property insurance, ISO 45001 certification, and administrative duties; supervise all employees and processes to ensure the health and safety of team members at all times; communicate with HQ and HMMA on safety issues and requirements; support CTPAT compliance for FTZ regulations; support all departments to ensure production goals are met.
- COVID-19 Prevention (policies, procedures, testing, quarantine, contact tracing, return to work, vaccinations, PPE, etc.).
- Oversee all Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) aspects and processes to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Manage facility maintenance repair process and maintenance contractors for CC and OCC locations (docks, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire sprinkler, fire alarm, fire extinguishers, roofing, landscaping, janitorial, etc.).
- Oversee security processes and functions for CC and OCC (facility access, visitor management, FTZ & CTPAT compliance, etc.).
- Oversee asset management process and compliance for CC, OCC, and Lineside locations (investments, annual audit, etc.).
- Oversee property, general liability, automobile, umbrella, and crime insurance policies for all locations (CC, OCC, MCC, etc.).
- Oversee investment purchasing process, negotiate best equipment pricing from vendors and distribute details internally.
- Review and renew contracts for services pertaining to General Affairs functions (safety, security, maintenance, insurance, etc.).
- Identify issues that could negatively impact the health and safety of the company's team members or subcontractors, apply corrective action, implement countermeasures, and retrain team members as needed to ensure a safe work environment at all times.
- Execute plans and directives outlined by upper management and HQ in regards to safety training and best practices.
- Ensure the overall well-being of our organization by mitigating risk and implementing loss prevention tactics.
- Monitor facility access controls to protect company assets and employees; review CCTV surveillance footage regularly.
- Coach and train General Affairs personnel to ensure their success.
- Administrative duties and purchasing (employee badges, team wear, company cell phones, office supplies, furniture, consumable goods, etc.) and travel arrangements for HQ visitors (hotel, rental car, COVID testing, HMMA badges, etc.).
- Organize and plan community outreach programs on behalf of company (food drive, toy drive, blood drive, cancer walk, etc.).
- Orchestrate company events and employee morale gatherings (Communication Meetings, Family Day, etc.).
- Manage HMA lease vehicles on behalf of management (MVRs, ordering, pickup, returns, maintenance, purchasing, etc.).
- Conduct root-cause investigations, analyze all incidents, accidents, and near-misses, implement countermeasures and retrain personnel as needed in order to avoid injury or loss due to injury, material damage, workers compensation, and down time.
- Support annual CTPAT and ISO 45001 certifications renewals as they relate to security and safety requirements.
- Continuously audit facility to ensure safe work practices, loss prevention, mitigate risk, and ensure OSHA & EPA compliance.
- Provide coaching and leadership in order for personnel to successfully meet key performance targets and goals.
- Ensure financial targets, budgets, and departmental goals are attained and review/revise departmental policies annually.
- Ensure all subcontractors perform job duties safely as instructed to avoid negative impacts to organization and prevent potential OSHA inspections or violations (monthly safety meetings, subcontractor evaluations, etc.).
- Process charge-back claims and invoice requests to subcontractors for property damages.
- Manage Hyundai and KIA vehicle purchasing discount programs for all full-time employees.
- Promote a safe work environment and safety culture mindset by providing training materials and implementing best practices for all work processes.
- Strong leadership skills, problem solving, and coaching skills with a drive for action and change.
- Provide direction, support, and leadership to ensure the overall success of the Company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration but Master's degree preferred
- +5 years experience in General Affairs
- +3 years experience in Safety
- +3 years experience in Facility Maintenance & Property Insurance
- + 3 years of Procurement
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Medical Insurance: Health, Dental & Vision
- Phone and Free Auto-Lease