Solar Modules Mfg.
Mechanical Parts Leader
|CONTACT NAME||Recruiting Dept.|
The Company designs, builds, and manages financially sustainable solar photovoltaic (PV) solutions. The Company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PVs to North America, combining the technologies, processes, and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for the U.S. energy market.
The Mechanical Parts Leader for New Projects (Ingot & Wafer and CELL & Module production facilities, which will be North America's largest) will provide support for construction projects. This position reports to the Director of Project Management or other Senior Management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
This position is located in Bartow County, GA, and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm or from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. 25% ± 10% of working hours may be spent as business trips.
- Overall supervision of the Mechanical Utility/Gas & Chemical Supply System/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Automation by contracted design builder(s) in terms of design and construction. Cross check that the engineering output is in-line with local regulations, guidelines, Codes and Standards.
- Coordination between in-house production teams by the Company and contracted design builders
- Manage the technical needs in all stages of factory construction phase and design, including conceptual and detailed system design deliverables, observing regulatory codes as well as requirements of other stakeholders, specify balance of systems, and coordinate needs for permits
- Regularly liaison with Engineering team members to gather all necessary data for utility interconnection studies
- Interact with internal/external stakeholders for tech discussions
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, and processes
- Manage the Site-construction activities related with Mechanical Utility/Gas & Chemical Supply System/Plumbing/Fire Protection/Automation issues with assigned General Contractor and other tasks including but not limited to Progress Monitoring and Control, Technical Advice-giving, Schedule Management, Risk Control, Claims Management, Inspections & Tests, Commissioning, Productivity reviews, expediting work, etc.
- Assist in the development and review of project schedules, cost estimation, bills of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards, and quotes from contractors
- Evaluate and assess bid packages of contractors, including commercial and technical aspects (contract terms, commercial terms, costs, execution plans, etc.)
- Assess the feasibility, risks, and opportunities of project execution in Mechanical matters
- Coordinate for Permits and Approvals all through the factory construction phase
- Prepare the general conditions budget
- Have confidence in one's own ability to intelligently communicate with the design team/client, as well as effectively leading the trades
- Expedite all shop-drawing processes and approvals
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis
- Monitor the worksites safety and ensure that the requirement of the occupational Health and Safety standards are enforced
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required by Government Authorities to ensure all required civic-body inspections are performed. Support the Director of Project Control to develop and review project schedules, cost estimations, bills of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards, and quotes from suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in engineering, or another related field
- Minimum 20 years of construction and/or project management experience
- Experience supporting the completion of large scale projects, in particular, the construction and/or semiconductor industries and/or solar PV projects
- Assertive, able to cope with a dynamic surrounding, and being a team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Relocation Assistance